2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 red capsicum, decored and sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes, optional
2 courgettes, sliced
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
50g feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoon basil pesto
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup finely grated parmesan
5 sheets Timo’s filo pastry
25g butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 180ºC and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the onion and capsicum and fry over a low/medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, oregano, chilli flakes and courgettes and fry for a further 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta ingredients.
- Place the filo sheets on a clean surface. Using a sharp knife, cut the sheets in half.
- Brush the first sheet with melted butter and place on the lined oven tray. Repeat with remaining sheets of filo until you have 10 layers.
- Smear the ricotta onto the filo, make sure to leave a 3cm border around the edge. Top with the cooked vegetables and cherry tomatoes. Finish with feta cheese and season with a little salt and cracked pepper.
- Bake the tart in the lower third of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.