3 Tbls Olive OIl
3 Onions, sliced
1 Tbls Soft brown sugar
2 Thyme sprigs, leaves only
375g Timos Filo Pastry
50g Butter, melted
200g Camembert, sliced
2 Rosemary sprigs, leaves only, chopped
3 Size 7 eggs
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
- Heat the oven to 180ºC regular bake and grease a small oven tray with butter.
- In a sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the onions and gently fry over a low heat for 20 minutes, stir regularly. Once the onions have softened, add the brown sugar and thyme and season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Fry for a further 10 minutes or until the onions are golden and glossy.
- Place a sheet of pastry on a clean benchtop. Brush with melted butter then scrunch up from top to bottom into an accordion-like shape. Place in the greased oven tray and repeat with remaining pastry
- Place the brie, chopped rosemary and caramelised onion between the pastry layers.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, parmesan and garlic. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper. Pour over the pastry and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.